IMPORTANT MESSAGES REGARDING COVID-19 AND CLINIC PROCEDURES (updated 8/18/2021)
VACCINE: We have been administering Moderna Covid -19 vaccine by appointments only- next confirmed date is 9/15/2021.
There are local places now available to get COVID vaccines without an appointment. Locations- Blue Ridge Health Department.
THIRD DOSES: For people who received Pfizer or Moderna and...
1. ...who have an immunocompromised immune system due to steroid use, chemotherapy, or other immunosuppressant medications and it has been at least 28 days since the 2nd vaccine.
2. ...or it has been more than 8 months since the last COVID vaccine and you are over age 65 or in the medical field.
COVID 19 Testing: We have rapid COVID antigen testing and PCR testing available.
Appointment options for unvaccinated medical visit:
In an effort to serve our patients and be cognizant of the spread of COVID-19 we have significantly changed our policies and procedures. Three types of visits are available.
1. All private insurance companies and medicare allow Virtual Visits which are covered just like an office visit. Simply call the office and we can schedule you for a virtual-visit with your doctor at Pantops Family Medicine. We currently use Doxy.me.
2. Carside visits available for patients that have possible infections, need COVID-19 testing, or do not wish to come into the clinic. Call the office and set up an appointment time. When you arrive pull into a numbered reserve parking space to the right of the front door. Then call from the parking lot to check-in and we'll come out to you at your vehicle.
3. In-Clinic Appointments: For patients that need or want to be seen in the traditional sense in the clinic we have made significant changes. We are following strict precautions and limiting the number of patients in the building. We have also upgraded the building air filtration system to prevent circulation of airborne pathogens including COVID-19.
Pantops Family Medicine, A Division of Anchor Healthcare, PLC